Laurie Hill Gutierrez
Partner, Head of Talent Development
Laurie joined Blazek & Vetterling in 2003.
Her clients include social service agencies, schools, healthcare organizations, and foundations. Laurie is an authority on federal and state government auditing standards and on accounting and auditing standards as established by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. She holds the Advanced Single Audit Certificate from the AICPA and serves as our designated audit quality partner to the AICPA’s Government Audit Quality Center.
Laurie began her accounting career with Ernst & Young where she spent eight years serving healthcare and nonprofit clients. In that capacity she participated in the audits of hospitals, long-term care organizations, independent practice associations, and other healthcare related organizations. She subsequently spent six years in healthcare management. Her healthcare management experience includes approximately 2 years as Chief Financial Officer of PowerBrief, Inc. and its predecessor Integrated Orthopaedics and 4 years as Controller of Memorial Sisters of Charity Health Plans. In addition to the overall direction and operations of the finance departments, she was responsible for financial reporting, regulatory reporting, and compliance monitoring.
Laurie has been an instructor for the Leadership Institute for Nonprofit Executives at the Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership at RICE University, the United Way of Greater Houston, the United Way National Financial and Talent Management Forum, and at conferences for the American Bar Association, Texas State Board of Public Accountancy, and the Houston Chapter of CPA’s.
Texas A & M University, BBA
- Certified Public Accountant
- AICPA Advanced Single Audit Certificate
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Houston Chapter of the Texas Society of CPAs
- The Association of Former Students of Texas A&M University – member of the Board of Directors
- The Parish School – member of the Board of Directors and member of the Finance Committee, past President
- The Women’s Home – former board member, past President and Treasurer
- Turner Syndrome Society – former board member and Treasurer