Partner, Head of Tax
Barbara joined Blazek & Vetterling in 2002 and was made a partner of the Firm in 2019. Barbara serves as the head of our tax practice and is an authority on nonprofit tax matters and provides clients an in-depth knowledge of the tax code as it applies to nonprofit organizations.
Barbara’s clients include private schools, arts organizations, social service agencies, and employee benefit plans.
Barbara’s specialization in nonprofit organizations has brought her significant experience with many tax matters affecting nonprofits, preparing and filing annual 990’s, filing for initial exempt status determination, unrelated business income tax, and excise tax.
In addition to serving clients directly, Barbara utilizes her expertise to teach on a variety of topics. She has served as an instructor or conference speaker for:
- National Association of Independent Schools
- University of Texas Law School
- Rice University Leadership Institute for Nonprofit Executives
- Best Boards Conference – Rice University Glasscock School of Continuing Studies
- Various American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Conferences
- Texas Society of CPA’s
Barbara is a member of the Finance Committee at Parkway United Methodist Church in Sugar Land, Texas.
Baylor University, BBA